Sunday, June 14, 2015

Technology in Elementary Classrooms.

I recently read an article called “Should Kids in Primary Grades Use Computers?” I found this article to be very interesting because I did not realize how much computers could help even at a young age. Almost every teacher they interviewed for this article agreed that technology should be implemented into the curriculum for K-3 grades.
          I personally agree that students should use computers at a young age so they can get more familiar with the technology that will eventually be a huge part of their lives.  I think that if teachers teach that technology is a tool rather than a toy, then it is completely acceptable for the young students to use computers. Essentially, a computer is a tool just like a calculator or a pencil. Students will have to learn how to use computers eventually, and the earlier the better.

          I also feel like we should start letting our children learn how to type earlier too. I believe that practice makes perfect, and with typing you have to continuously practice to stay good at it. I learned how to type when I was in 6th grade, and after I learned it I rarely used it again. When I was in high school, I had forgotten everything that I learned about typing in the 6th grade because I had never practiced it. That’s why I think typing is an important skill, and it is something that you will most likely have to use for the rest of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment