Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Personal Learning Network

Personal Learning Network is a website where educators can go to connect with other educators, and learn about different topics. Having a PLN is about being able to connect with experts all over the world at any time of the day. People post about different topics every day, so you are constantly able to learn about many different things. 

Let’s dig a little deeper…..
The Personal: In a Personal Learning Network, you want to make your connections personalized to your profession. If you teach English, you would want to follow English Professors or Administrators. You could also follow other teachers. It is always nice to see what other people are doing in their classrooms. One thing that I find interesting about PLN is you can connect with people all over the world at any time. In my opinion, being able to access the PLN at any time is great because you can always work it into your schedule.

The Learning: Having a PLN is about sharing ideas and resources, collaboration, and learning. I think this is a great tool for educators to use because everyone has different ideas, and I think this is a great way to share ideas with each other. You can learn from many things on a PLN in many ways. Educators share through videos, articles, and different media tools.

The Network: The defining part of PLN is that it is a global learning network. There are many people on this network, so the odds of you finding a professional in that shares your interest is very high.

In the future, I think I will definitely build myself a Personal Learning Network. I think it will be beneficial to have one when I am a new teacher. I could learn from other teachers, and get ideas for my lesson plans. I think it would also be very helpful if I had any questions. The people in my connections could answer any questions that I have. If they did not know the answer they could take the question to their connections, and eventually the question would be answered.  I think this is a great idea, and I will definitely be trying this in the future. 

The video below further explains PLN.


            

No comments:

Post a Comment